Emergency Assistance (Food, Clothing, Furniture, Laundry & other Practical Needs)
- Emergency Food can be provided for a 24-48 hour period, in emergencies and/or when area Food Banks cannot be accessed.
- Assistance with used clothing or essential pieces of furniture can be provided in the event of an emergency.
- With verification of employment, assistance with CSA approved Work Boots can be provided.
- Personal Care kits (toothpaste & toothbrush, shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.) available
- Free Laundry Services to the homeless, those in transition, at risk of homelessness or in emergency situations. Detergent and a change of clothes is provided.
- Assistance with School Supplies for households with school age children
- Christmas Assistance - Christmas Aid (new toys, clothing and food, including Turkey) provided for singles, couples and families in financial need. Applications begin the first week of November each year.
- Dental Assistance - Cleanings, Sealants, X-Rays, Polishes and Fluoride treatments provided by Oulton College and subsidized by The Salvation Army.
- Free Income Tax Preparations for low - moderate income earners
- Assistance with resume writing and other job readiness skills
- Computer / Internet and printer access available
Fellowship & Recreational Programs
- KEENAGERS - Recreational activities and fellowship group for Seniors (55+)
- HOLIDAY CAMP - Summer Camp Program for children*
**The Salvation Army provides a week long Summer Holiday Camp opportunity that your child will never forget! Children ages 7-12 are sent to The Salvation Army's Scotian Glen Camp in Thorburn, Nova Scotia for a week of fun and adventure, sports and swimming, arts and crafts and important life lessons.
The Salvation Army in Moncton (thanks to various supporters in the community) not only covers the cost of registration and transportation but also equips each child with necessities for the week away including, new clothing and footwear, a pillow and sleeping bag, toiletries and personal care items, a bathing suit and more.
Applications are available each spring and spaces are limited. Preference is given to first time campers and a
demonstration of need is required as a part of the application process.
Call us at 389-9901 for more information!
- Pastoral Care
- Referrals, Advocacy & Support
- Kind, friendly faces and a warm, welcoming atmosphere